Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Nice Rejection? Could Be Worse.

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for querying me about your manuscript, HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT. I've read your sample pages and I'm sorry to say that the project just isn't a perfect fit with my current needs. This has less to do with your strengths as a writer and more to do with my goals as an agent and the trends of the current literary marketplace.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for the right agent and publisher. Keep writing!

Kindest Regards,

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Andrea

    I thought I'd pay a visit to your blog. Sounds like a pretty bog standard rejection. Though I'm a little worried about the 'I read the sample pages' bit. Your query has piqued her interest, so the subject matter seems right, she probably just didn't like your 'voice'. Happens all the time as it's very subjective. I read a super popular self-published book. Every LOVES that book. I couldn't read past chapter one for I hated the author's voice.

    Keep going, it looks like you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete