Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I love TV!

I don't know why people get this condescending tone when they say, "I never watch TV" like it is something to brag about. I always want to tell them how sorry I feel for them, and how they are missing out on some killer story lines. I just wish I had even more time to watch TV.

I love the way I get caught up in a story and I start to care about these people as if they are actually a part of my life, and in a way they are. I see them every week and I watch as this awful stuff happens in their lives and how they overcome it, or don't. I love the character development and how it can go on for years.

I really feel like some of the best writers work for TV. One of my favorites is Mark Schwahn who created and wrote episodes of One Tree Hill. His words have really moved me.

So I will continue to watch more TV and love it.

1 comment:

  1. "Blessed are the hearts that can bend, they shall never be broken… But I wonder...If there's no breaking, then there's no healing. And if there's no healing, then there's no learning. And if there's no learning...then there's no struggle. But the struggle is a part of life, so must all hearts be broken?" Love Mark Schwahn

    ReplyDelete