Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I read way too much

I never thought I would say that. I mean, can reading ever hurt you? I don't' think it hurts me per say, but I think there are better things I could be doing with my time. The main one - writing.

Of course reading helps me to learn to write better and whenever I read I am studying how the author is using techniques to make the story flow. I am not saying I should stop doing it altogether. In fact if I had to give up reading to write, I would quit writing. I love books more than anything, well maybe not french fries, but still. It is just that I spend at least two hours a day reading, and there are many days I don't write at all. I think it is just about balance and there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

My new goal: write for at least 2 hours a day. I know even with that I will have time to escape my life into the fantasy world of a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment