Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mom Loves To Read

Yesterday someone asked me what I would want my children to remember about me as a mother. My answer was that I wanted them to know I love them and that nothing is more important to me than my family. One of the things I love the most about my mom is her passion for reading. I remember growing up she was alwasy reading a book. She would finish one and pick up another. It is truly her favorite thing to do. As a child, I didn't really like reading much. (Gasp for anyone who really knows me.) My mom was really worried, she thought I was missing out on something great. So she got Little Women for us to read together. It was wonderful. (I have read the story since and didn't enjoy it as much.) After that we read The Secret Garden. And then I just started liking reading. I am so grateful that she felt it was important for me to enjoy reading and took the time to help me learn how. I would never have discovered my passion for writing without it. So I advise all parents to read with your kids. And thanks Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I recently discovered that myself with C.J. He doesn't love to read, or so I thought. Then he started reading Captain Underpants. I've never seen the kid so engaged!

    ReplyDelete