Monday, May 7, 2012

Can't We All Just Get Along?

The easy answer, no. But as I am always asking, begging, and threatening my kids - they still fight. A lot. They were out of school recently, for three weeks, and the fighting grew even worse. I asked my son why and he told me "We're bored." Conflict, good or bad, is entertainment. Sometimes I will be reading a book, and when things are going really well for the characters, I notice my mind starts to wander. I think about how I should be cleaning my house, or writing my own book. But when everything keeps going wrong I can't seem to put it down. The same with movies, and life, I guess for that matter. Things are interesting when they aren't perfect. It made me think that next time I am irritated by things going so badly, I should be grateful. I will appreciate the easy more. Also it gives me great ideas for my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment