Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The First Three? Impossible

When I look into sending out query letters, most of them ask for the first three chapters to go with it. I have done everything I can to make those chapters the very best they can be, but I still don't feel like they are enough.

I have been editing my book, trying to take out any super modern language, and I am in the final few chapters. It doesn't matter how many times I read it, I can't stop reading when it gets to the end. I also have significantly less editing at that point. The story seems to just flow so freely, everything coming together, it is by far the strongest part of the book. And I feel like my best writing.

So how am I suppose to sell it on my first few chapters? When is this ever the best part of a book? Seems like a no win situation and I just wish I could get them to read the end. I know they would love it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment