Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why Am I So Tired?

I literally have to give myself a pep-talk to get out of bed in the morning.  I make a promise that after all my chores are done, my errands are run, and my work is done, I can take a nap.  And I do.  Everyone close to me knows, at 1:00 pm. don't even try to get a hold of me because I'm sleeping.

I've been like this for as long as I can remember.  My roommates in college told me she thought something was wrong with me because every time they came in my room I was sleeping.  Why am I so tired?

According to Web MD there are about 10 reasons I could be tired.

1.  I have a bad diet.  (Okay so it isn't perfect, but I try to get my food groups in.)
2. I am not getting enough sleep.  (Uh no way.  I sleep up to 9 hours in a 24 hour period.)
3.  I don't exercise enough.  (I feel like 45 min to an hour a day is plenty.)
4.  I am anemic.  (Nope, just got checked though it has been a problem in the past.)
5.  I am missing a key nutrient like potassium.  (Possible.)
6.  Thyroid.  (Nope, been checked a thousand times.)
7.  Diabetes.  (Nope.)
8.  Depression.  (Okay so yes, but it is being treated so should it make me tired?)
9.  Sleep apnea.  (Doubtful.)
10.  Heart disease.  (Doubtful.)

Though interesting, this is not too helpful.  While I get frustrated with this problem- I think the truth is, I just really like to sleep.  It is so relaxing and gives me a break.  Guess I will just have to live with it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat. I would sleep all day if I could.
    But here is some info that might be helpful. I also am being treated for depression and my meds make me tired. I can only take them at night or I am a zombie the whole day.
    Also, I recently found out my thyroid was out of wack. In the past I have always gotten my thyroid checked yearly (family history of thyroid problems). Every time the test results came back looking great. But I went to a new doc who tested for both my T3 AND T4 levels and was able to determine my thyroid was hardley working at all. I always now recommend to people who get their thyroid checked to ask for both tests to be done. It gives a better picture to what you thyroid is actually doing.
    But on the flip side, we are all different and your body may actually need more sleep than you (or society) thinks is necessary. Just my two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete