Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Social Media: Is it good or bad?

As hard as it is to believe, there are still some people who aren't involved in any kind of social media. I know some who hate the idea of it so completely they refuse to give it a chance.

As a want to be author, I really don't have a choice. If I don't have an online precense I can most likely kiss any book deal goodbye. Though I see the downside to it, the complete and total wasting away of hours and a time, I think it has merit.

Not only is it a good way to advertise things, but it also helps me to connect to people. There are people I have known my whole lives, that I didn't really know, until facebook. I like hearing funny, or interesting parts of their lives I otherwise would have no idea about. I like being connected.

I do get overwhelmed sometimes. I started with facebook, then worked my way to twitter, and then started this blog. But now I keep hearing about pinterst, and it's like, how many do I need to have an on-line presence?

No comments:

Post a Comment